Home Forum Ask A Member Can I use a regular grease gun on this fitting?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    outboardnut
    Participant

US Member

grease-fitting

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member

I’ve used a regular grease gun on fittings like that – you have to hold it tight to the joint because it won’t stay on by itself. Take a piece of wire and clean dirt out of the hole first.
        Dave

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have one of those needle type grease gun fittings, sometimes they work well here also….But, only if the hole is perfectly round….

Mumbles
          Participant

Those grease nipples are meant to be used with one of these type of grease guns. The harder you push on the pump, the tighter it gets on the fitting. This type comes in real handy for greasing shift levers where the nipple is recessed in the lever quite a ways.

OMC-Tipe-A

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have one of those needle type grease gun fittings, sometimes they work well here also….But, only if the hole is perfectly round….

I use the needle-type adapter on my grease gun for these, too. It’s always worked well for me.

Long live American manufacturing!

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

what do you use to grease the nipple on the 9.5hp shift lever…..I did not find one slim enough to fit between the nipple and frame

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.