Home Forum Ask A Member Can I use my 50:1 gas mixture(TCW-3) from my 90's outboard in my snow blower?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    outboardnut
    Participant

US Member

Can I use my 50:1 gas mixture(TCW-3) in my snow blower?
      The snow blower also uses 50:1 and is two cycle.

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am pretty sure that your air cooled snow blower requires a different type of two stroke lubricant… Perhaps it would be OK to add some of the proper lube to the mix, which would richen the mixture to 24:1, and use up the old fuel/oil mix that way…..

outboardnut
        Participant

US Member

That s what I want to do- Use up old fuel

frankr
          Participant

US Member

We have very few snow blowers here, but I sort of doubt it gets hot enough where you are to require the more heat tolerant two-stroke oil. Oops, there I go again, replying to an oil question.

frankr
            Participant

US Member

double post

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by frankr.
              outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

That 50 to 1 gas should work fine in your snow blower. The only tools I’ve heard of problems with using marine oil are chainsaws because they can get so hot, especially in the summer; but I’ve used the same gas/oil in my Stihl and Husquvarna chainsaws for 20 years without problems; but I use 25 to 1 in the Husquvarna because the instructions call for more oil if I don’t use their brand. Your snowblower shouldn’t get all that hot.

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.