Home Forum Ask A Member Carb restrictor ? in 1991 2.3hp/3.3hp Evinrude

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Monte NZ
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

I realize that the above motor isn’t a vintage one, but thought that someone reading this post might be able to help me please.

I am puzzled by the fact that my 1991 2,3 hp Evinrude (Hong Kong) may require item 38 (restrictor?) shown in the “Marine Engines” parts listing.
      NOTE . The listing is only for the 3.3hp engine…………no mention of a parts list for the 2.3hp…………I have hunted without success to find a listing for the 2.3hp.

The fact that the parts list only mentions no 38 in the 3.3hp makes wonder if it’s not required in the 2.3hp.
      However, it’s also interesting to note that 38 doesn’t appear in the actual list of parts for the 3.3hp, nor is there the typical six figure part number as well!

My motor does have a very crude home made washer in the throat,but the hole in it is the same diameter as the throat, which makes no sense

If some one is familiar with the part and could provide me with the size of slot as visible in the parts diagram , that would be great.

Thanks in advance
      Monte NZ
      PS This is the motor that members helped me with when I asked for assistance on this site last month…….. you may remember I was having difficulty removing the gearbox from the trunk and found that the drive shaft tube and cooling pipe tube were stuck in the rubber grommets.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.