Home Forum Ask A Member Chris-Craft Paint

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joe Buckwalter
    Participant

Where can I purchase Chris-Craft blue “outboard” paint? I there a matching automotive color? I purchase Moeller Chris-Craft blue motor paint, but that is the color they used on their inboard motors.

bob-d
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Joe, unfortunately the one supplier who had the correct color paint for your motor (Reprotint) recently went out of business. Your best bet would be to bring a clean piece of the motor to an auto paint supplier who can use a spectrometer to match the color.
        Bob D

Joe Buckwalter
        Participant

Forever grateful for your response. I have run into a brick wall trying to restore my old C-C outboards.

Joe

bob-d
          Participant

Joe, once you get the paint, if you don’t have a compressor and spray gun, pick up a Preval sprayer at Home Depot or Amazon etc. Inexpensive way to shoot your paint, hardener, and reducer combination.
            Bob D

kirkp
            Participant

bob-d, have you done much painting using this sprayer? I’m just wondering how it worked out for you? I have one but haven’t had a chance to use it yet.
              thanks
              Kirk

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

I have used the Preval on more than one outboard, quite simply, it works…If you are doing Bigtwin’s and such, get the correct gun, smaller hp motors the Preval works very well.

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

bwanadon
                Participant

Looks like the Preval system can be recharged. How do you recharge it?

bob-d
                  Participant

I have used the Preval system many times. Works great. Can pick them up in Home Depot for about $5.
                    Propellant spray part is on top. You mix the paint in the glass jar on bottom. After propellant gone, you can pick up just the spray part.
                    Bob D

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    kirkp
                    Participant

Thanks for the replies about the sprayer. Guess I’ll have to give it a go.

Apologies to Joe for redirecting his post.

Kirk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.