Home Forum Ask A Member Cowl trim Merc 7.5hp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

As replacement to more expensive  Merc trims ………..I ordered   some   Amazon car door trim as a test.  Previous trim  I got  was a bit slim  (narrow) so I got this one  .

turns out it fits nicely and grips the trim very well.  No need for   GOOP glue  but  it would not hurt I guess.  The cowls  rides nicely

see pictures.  some molded  rround  reenforcements on theedge   will require a small snip in the trim to fit (not a real problem)

the new trim extends beyond the cowl edge my maybe  3/32 inch  and  is not apparent really… being black

I’ll fininsh up the job  in a few days and repost  some pics.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

labrador-guy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

crosbyman that will work!   It is the same stuff that is on a helmet.  It goes around the lower edge of the fiberglass shell.  It makes a good seal and rattle prevent er.

dale

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

UPDATE:

well … not a 100% job but it won’t  rattle!

The rear of the cowl was to tight the trim would not allow closure but…85% of the side  was trimmed with the edging and  the cowl fits rock solid.

I would have like 100% fit but 85% will do compared to nothing for my occasionnal trips.   at least some fresh air will enter under the cowling 🙂

note: edging looks wide  but  the cowl’s edge comes way down to cover it …nobody would notice it sticking out

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.