Home Forum Ask A Member dull silver paint on QD-15

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dave-bernard
    Participant

US Member

when I use it on my mercury’s I just dust it on . can be just dusted on to touch up latter.

DAN UMBARGER
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I guess I was more wondering about if fuel is spilled on the lacquer ( as in tank/carb/powerhead) will it bubble up the paint and destroy a painted motor or would it be fine if it’s cleaned up right away…I’ve seen some paint that is destroyed almost immediately.

DAN UMBARGER
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I sent Plastikote/Valspar an email last week asking if the fact that we can’t find the T-41 Dull Aluminum paint was a temporary situation or if they were even in business anymore. I got this response this morning.

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact PlastiKote. We appreciate your interest in our products.

It has been discontinued. We are no longer making it.

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond back if you require additional assistance.

Regards,

Craig

So… I guess that color ? is not available anymore. Not sure if it’s the whole line of paint or the color only.

Mumbles
          Participant

Well, since the T-41 is NLA, it’s not the end of the world yet as I know there are other brands of dull aluminum. I’ve used the PlastiKote because it’s been on the shelf when I’ve needed some.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.