Home Forum Ask A Member ELTO Ruddertwin Pictures

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

Yeah Adam this is the one.

The jugs look nice nickel plated I think. Next time I have a plan to keep it out of the cylinders though! Was a lot of work to make them usable again.

The tank I wish I would have taken a bit more time to prep pre plating. It is just a motor I will use, so did not want to get too deep into polishing, but I now wish I would have taken the top of the tank off and popped out the few small dings. They really show after plating.

bill-loveland
      Participant

Very nice work on the Ruddertwin. And worth mentioning that they can plane a boat, at least the later 4 hp motors.

Chris, what do you know about the stand in your pictures? I have one that I was told, many years ago, was a Caille product, but I’ve never been able to document that.

chris-p
        Participant

As much as I wish that my stand was original, its only a few months old.

We have some talented guys in our chapter! They made it from an original.

Doug Wilson
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Chris,
            That looks Great

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
            turned off?

david-bartlett
            Participant

Chris,

That looks great. Motors that age need a few small dents.

garry-in-michigan
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Mr. Evinrude was justly proud of his "Silvery" outboard. He had thought about it and planned for two or three years before submitting the plans to Cnris Meyers. Chris had tried a twin Evinrude and at 100 pounds had been a total flop. So, like the Little Red Hen, when Chris turned him down, Ole said "Then I’ll do it myself", and he did. At that time it was the Rolls Royce of Row Boat Motors. It was (IMHO) a work of Art as much as it was an outboard motor. Now get away from that Elto with that hammer and call the Smithsonian . . . 😀

oldelto
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The stand is Johnson from 1926? to mid 30s.

Mumbles
                  Participant
                    quote oldelto:

The stand is Johnson from 1926? to mid 30s.

A bit newer than that. Probably from the 2016-2017 era. 😀

Anonymous
                      quote Chris_P:

As much as I wish that my stand was original, its only a few months old.

We have some talented guys in our chapter! They made it from an original.

Chris, care to elaborate on the stand? Someone in your club making these?
                      Kirk

Anonymous

By the way, great job on the motor. Glad you were able to clean up the bores/

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.