Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude ’71 Ski Twin cowl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nj-boatbuilder57
    Participant

I just got a ’71 Ski Twin in restorable condition….but the cowling is pretty beat up, and I’m looking to replace it.

Was ’71 a unique year for the cowl, or can /will a cowl from a different year work? I see look-alike cowls on eBay, but the auctions are all fairly non-specific about what year they are.

I’ve done a brief search of the cowl part numbers for adjacent model years, and they are different…..but in my experience that does NOT mean they’re not interchangeable. I don’t care about style, decals, badging, etc. I just want something that fits. Is there anything other than a ’71 that will attach?

dan-in-tn
      Participant

US Member

Just a quick review shows the shape of the cowl is the same from 1961 to 1971 for 28 hp, 33 hp & 40 hp. The latch & lower cowling is the same so should work. Of course the decals, appliqués, etc will be different for each year. If I have forgotten something I’m sure someone will come along & remind us.

Dan in TN

frankr
        Participant

US Member

I would have expected the 28 and 33, but the 40??? So, I took a look and it appears Dan is right, it is the same lower half Dan’s the man!!

nj-boatbuilder57
          Participant

So *any* ’60s cowl will fit? That’s good to know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.