Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude 9522C What color is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    huntleybill
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Since the lower unit is the wrong color, I was going to try and match it as close as I could. When I looked up what color it is supposed to be, I get either Polychromatic Blue or Seal Grey. I have a can of polychromatic blue but it looks a LOT different than the color on the motor. At NYMarine there is a polychromatic blue for 1955-1958 and a polychromatic blue for 1963-1966.

Are they the same color?
      I was hoping to confirm what this color should be. Or is this Seal Grey?

Your help is appreciated.
      Thank you

Eric McNett
      Participant

I would go with the 63-69 color, the charts, unless they’re an actual paint book swatch are an FF# computer code so it may not look exact.

Eric McNett
        Seattle AOMCI Member

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member

If you are going to paint only the lower unit….I think I would take the cowling to a paint shop with a computer and have them match the color for you. Your paint has faded and even with the most accurate match to the original manufacturer’s color….it will not match your existing paint.

fleetwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, your gearcase was replaced with a Johnson 9.5hp gearcase from the later 60s. The polychromatic blue from 63-66 is the right color, but it will be darker cuz your paint is faded like Seakaye says….

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

leroy’s has a good article on these

http://www.leeroysramblings.com/OMC_9.5.htm

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.