Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude ducktwin 3044b approx value

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    davesko
    Participant

Hello all, I’m looking for an approx value of an Evinrude ducktwin 3044b in fair to good cosmetic condition, It does not run and will need gone thru. I’m purchasing it from a friend and want to be fair. I know values vary regionally but trying to be fair. I’m in Hershey pa. Thank you, Dave

leeinnh
      Participant

beauty is in the eye——-

lindy46
        Participant

US Member

How is compression? If it has good compression, most other things can be addressed. Last year I bought a Lightwin which was cosmetically good, but had a broken recoil spring, so I couldn’t check compression. I paid $75. I replaced the spring and compression was good, and the motor turned out to be a good runner, so I got a good deal. If I can’t hear the motor running, I consider it a parts motor and rarely pay more than $100.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Being a Ducktwin increases its value over a common Lightwin. Next question is how far away is the nearest Ducktwin collector?

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The other thing to check that affects value is the condition of the fuel tank on the inside….A rusted/gummed up tank is relatively useless, finding another Ducktwin tank in good shape would be difficult. It is only fair to assume that any engine you buy will need ignition, fuel system, and water pump servicing. I would have a closer look at this engine, checking compression and looking for cracked/bent castings, inspect the tip of the skeg also to make sure it is not snapped off. A relatively low hour engine in good basic mechanical condition (good tank, good compression, no overheats, no bent/cracked castings) that is in nice mechanical condition is worth about $100 I’d say.
              But, like everyone says, it depends on how much you want one of the rarer Ducktwin models. I have certainly spent more than $100 on engines I really wanted.

davesko
              Participant

I have inspected this motor years ago. Good compression but will definitely need the usual items to bring it back to life. It fired on some premix. Tank is very clean. Nothing broken off or missing. I have a few lightwins and Jw’s but my son is a big duck hunter and thought it would make a nice gift. I have a feeling my friend thinks it worth a lot of money but I’m thinking 150.00 max.

kerry
                Participant

US Member

If your buddy thinks its worth $$$$, remind him you are paint and decals from making a Ducktwin out of one of your JW/Lightwins. Not a bad idea, if you aren’t worried about originality…

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.