Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Fleetwin help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chuckw
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Does anyone have a detailed drawing of the water pump assembly for this motor, model 4443, neutral clutch? i need to see how the water inlet pieces are assembled. the impeller seems ok, but it won’t pump in the test barrel. Also what are initial carb settings for this motor. ( I am getting ready to sell.)
      Thanks,
      Chuck Webster
      Arlington, VT

1946zephyr
      Participant

That is a Tillotson carb on that. Low speed is about 1/4 turn out and high speed is about 3/4
        The low speed needle on these is an air bypass, rather than a fuel flow (like the later Fleetwin carbs.} Evinrude used the Tillotson carbs on the Fastwin models through 1952 and 1953 on the Fleetwin.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

This is a different model, but pump is the same: http://www.knology.net/~tombeam/images/partsmanual.pdf

Can we assume you have the correct impeller? Hint: The pump sections are all keyed together and must be aligned correctly. The flat spring underneath holds it all together.

chuckw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks that is very helpful.

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

4443 Fleetwin

chuckw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Garry, I think I have the plate in the wrong position. Will pull it apart and check.

frankr
                Participant

US Member

Garry’s picture shows the flat spring upside down. (Not Garry’s fault, he didn’t draw it).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.