Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude gas tanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seagull764
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

What is the age, brand etc of the pressures tanks that have the long plunger and the short chrome button . Do they use the same parts and who sells the kits or at least the gaskets?

ede
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Send me an email as I have most any tank part you need. eddelliott@cox.net Ed Elliott

Steve D
        Participant

The tanks with the metal button and push rod/plunger were generally used up to around 1956/57. The difference between those and what came after are the handle assembly housing, diaphragm and the misc. bits related to the push rod/button, etc. (In various 1957 parts manuals I’ve seen some tanks with the metal button, some with the black plastic).
          1956-tank

1957-tank

olcah
          Participant

US Member

Just FYI Johnson tanks are the same except for the lettering on the tank.

seagull764
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks for all the reply’s , I think I misstated the question . I have one tank with the plunger and short fill cap and one with the tall cap and button , the question should have been were both omc original equipment or was one aftermarket or different years. In a sense should I pair one with my 56 and the other with a 57/58.
              I assume everything was extra cost or whatever the dealer had on hand at the time.
              Thanks
              Ps has anyone used evaporust on a gas can?

labrador-guy
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Cgull, if you are concerned about what years your tanks are. The ones with the silver pump buttons were used from about ’51 until ’57. The plastic button tanks were used on the ’58/59 tanks. Every year had a different decal. I am sure some body on this site has info on all of them. The “Tall Boy” tank were the early est tanks used ’49/50. Some body will correct me if I am not correct. Hope this helps!

dale

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.