Evinrude Model N Sportwin gear foot

Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Model N Sportwin gear foot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• joecb

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 905
    Topics: 92

My winter project is a newly acquired Evinrude N , 1926 Sportwin. I found the very extensive article about this motor in the April 2015 “Outboarder” by Tom Manley ( Thanks Tom) , The article mentions another article by Mike Metcalf that details rebuilding the gear foot. Anybody remember which edition of the “Outboarder” has that article?

And a foot note…. these technical articles in our great magazine “The Antique Outboarder” is surly one of the best benefits of membership in the AOMCI…. just saying !

David Bartlett

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 571
    Topics: 24

Joe,

I do not know which edition that article is in, but the “N’ Sportwin lower unit is pretty simple. If the gears are not rusted, the most you will need is probably a couple new 201 bearings, and some grease.

Tom’s article on these is a great reference.

Have fun!

David Bartlett
    Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

joecb

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 905
    Topics: 92

Still looking for info on the Mike Metcalf article about Model N lower unit. Also would be a big help if I had a parts sheet and “blow-up” view of the unit…. Gary perhaps – Please

Joe B

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3583
    Topics: 31

This is all I have – the model N Sportwin is a little before my time. I did have a sweet running model H Fastwin like My Dad had. My former wife sold it for scrap in 1968. – – – 8^(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.