Home Forum Ask A Member Eye Candy -my almost finished 1959 Crestliner Voyager

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lindy46
    Participant

US Member

Here’s a few pictures of my Crestliner with the 1959 Lark installed. One pic before swapping motors. I refurbed the Lark and wanted to find a 1959 boat to put it on. Checked Craigslist and other sites for several months and couldn’t find anything in my area. Then the Crestliner appeared on Craigslist just 6 miles away! It was in great shape with no dents or leaks, so I bought it. Been working on it ever since. Fun project!

IMG_20211126_122614

IMG_20211126_122344

IMG_20210929_180206

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

Nice looking classic!

Prepare to be boarded!

bobw
        Participant

US Member

Very nice!

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

lloyd
          Participant

US Member

Looks GREAT!

The Boat House
            Participant

Looks like its 1959.
              Maybe even better!!!!
              Tubs

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

Nice job! I love the paint design on the sides of the hull! As you probably know, 1959 was the first year of the raised center trim on the deck that extends through the notch under the windshield. Also first year for the new-design bow handle. The splash rail was all new for 1959 too. Your Bimini top is after-market.
                Dave

labrador-guy
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Lindy, NICE looking outfit! I know how much work it is to rebuilt a project like that. I did the same thing on a LoneStar a couple years ago. I see you have a power tilt on your transom. Motor looks like a long shaft. I also had the same power tilt with no long shaft motor. When I ran the outfit at planing speed the exhaust would come out of the water. I was worried the motor might not be pumping water so I took the power tilt off and sold it. You might have the fix I needed for my boat! Anyway she sure looks good!

dale

Why is quick sand so slow!

Pound
                  Participant

Looks great!

Monte NZ
                    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

A truly beautiful craft!…….you should be very proud of your effort!……well done!

Interesting to note, that I have never seen such an attractive aluminium boat as that here here in NZ during the 1950s / 60s.
                      Aluminium boats made here then were very basic construction wise and no where near as attractive to the eye as yours. The earliest ones if I remember correctly would have been in the late 1950s by De Haviland, the aircraft manufacturers in Wellington A few were imported from Australia. It’s only in recent years that aluminium boats have become more popular here and of course the the appearance and finish is streets ahead these days.

Monte NZ

lindy46
                      Participant

US Member

Lindy, NICE looking outfit! I know how much work it is to rebuilt a project like that. I did the same thing on a LoneStar a couple years ago. I see you have a power tilt on your transom. Motor looks like a long shaft. I also had the same power tilt with no long shaft motor. When I ran the outfit at planing speed the exhaust would come out of the water. I was worried the motor might not be pumping water so I took the power tilt off and sold it. You might have the fix I needed for my boat! Anyway she sure looks good!

dale

Why is quick sand so slow!

The power tilt was on the boat when I bought it. Worked fine with the Mercury motor but I haven’t as yet run it with the Lark. The instructions say that since the tilt mechanism positions the motor 5″ father back from the transom, the cavitation plate should be 1-3″ higher than the bottom of the boat. With the Mercury it was 1″ higher. With the Lark it’s even with the bottom. Unfortunately I won’t find out how it runs until spring. I like the idea of the electric tilt as it is difficult to reach back over the well on this boat to hand-tilt the motor. So I hope it works OK.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.