Home Forum Ask A Member Finding a wiring harness for a 1959

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bobdh
    Participant

I am restoring a 1959 50hp johnson super seahorse. The wiring harness has deteriorated and needs to be replaced. How do I go about finding a new one or rebuilding one? 377278 is the cable assembly part number. And 204365 would be the part number for the harness. I have included two pictures for my parts catalog. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Problem is, most of them still in existence are also rotted from age. Reproductions are available at a dear price.
        http://www.nymarine.ca/wiringharness.htm

amuller
        Participant

Are you sure the whole harness is shot?
          How important is it to you that it look like the original?
          Are the male and female halves of the connector in good shape?
          In this case you have the terminal box, the dash panel, the special connector to the powerhead, plus what’s under the cowl, so quite a bit. Is there a generator involved?
          Judging just from the pics, the nymarine harnesses look to be of good quality, but expensive.
          Of course, if you just want to run it you could probably put the solenoid under the cowl, eliminate the junction box and special connector, and use a more recent control box including the electricals.

bobdh
          Participant

The goal is to stay as original as possible. So I am Very excited about the website nymarine! This is the first time I’m seeing it. I appreciate the help.

bobdh
            Participant

I am also missing the starter, part number 377248. Where is the best place to find that?

frankr
              Participant

US Member

See the previous topic, Javelin Starter
                viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14661

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.