Home Forum Ask A Member Hand Drill Outboards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aquasonic
    Participant

US Member

After icefishing last weekend, I saw a guy using a hand drill ice auger. I spoke with him, and he bought a hand drill ice auger, then bought the most powerfull cordless drill at Home Depot. The entire package was over $400.00. I like my two HP, two stroke auger for now that set me back a little over $200.00 about 15 years ago.

Anyway, today I see a handheld drill outboard on marketplace. Not impressed.

150972154_1295308610847639_4429484515009188953_n

150609257_1295308944180939_1437234923735745126_n

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

As they say…. ” A Fool and His Money Are Soon Departed”!

Prepare to be boarded!

trex014
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If only those people knew how many old outboards I can buy for the price of one Dewalt battery! Let alone the drill. At that price I can buy a cheap trolling motor and battery that I don’t have to hold and sit backwards. I really like Buccaneer’s comment, fitting for this one

billw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I can see it happening: You accidentally have the drill in reverse rotation, you’re momentarily confused and the whole things slips out of your hands and into the drink.

Long live American manufacturing!

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member

A lot of drills aren’t meant to run continuously – running the drill fast enough, long enough can cause some to overheat. My cordless drill has some kind of protection built into the lithium battery pack where if the load is too big for two long, the drill shuts down for awhile-probably until something cools off. I can swap battery packs and it’s up and running again.
              Dave

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member
                joecb
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

True, I doubt that any hand power tool is built for sustained operation. Overheating is sure to result… of course the guy in the boat could just dunk his “motor” …now it’s water cooled!

Joe B

need2fish
                  Participant

If I had one of those maybe I could get away with not registering my canoe — “Honestly Officer, I was just repairing my canoe!”.

(NYS requires registration for electric motors.).

outbdnut2
                    Participant

US Member

Honest officer!, this is not a power boat, I was just rinsing this mixer off after mixing up a pail of margaritas! You can’t give me a DWI unless it’s a power boat!
                      Dave

reivertom
                      Participant

US Member

One of those nonsensical solutions to a non-existent problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.