Home Forum Ask A Member Help with Impeller I.D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drifter
    Participant

I know this is not exactly an antique question but am hoping someone can help me with an impeller identification.
      Motor is a 1981 Evinrude 2hp model E2RC1B. It does not pump water. The water does circulate through the power head if a hose is connected to the water tube in the L/U. The lower unit is free of debris. So, something is amiss with the impeller.
      My research digs up several options and questions.
      First, the impeller in the motor measures1 17/32" diameter, 23/32 width, and bore of 13/32". I think this impeller is for the "kit" P/N 0387362. But this kit contains a stainless sleeve that is not in this motor. When I look up the p/n for my motor on Marine Engine they list 0382221 (1 7/8 X 9/16) much larger than what is in my motor.
      Second, there are 2 kits : 0387362 replaced by 0763736. Can someone tell me what the difference would be? Some list the 0387362 as only for 76-78 model motors.
      I’m thinking I should go with the 0763736 kit, but I would like to make sure that is correct for my motor given different impeller sizes and different kit numbers.
      Thanks,
      Drifter

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Confusing ain’t it? Not knowing any better, I’d go with the latest kit, 0763736.

drifter
        Participant

Sure is Frank. I put the lower unit (only) in a bucket and connected a 1/2 drill to the drive shaft and spun it (correct direction) and ….nothing.
          My best guess is that at some time either a kit was installed and the sleeve left out or no kit and an incorrect impeller was replaced. Beats me.

oldboatmotors
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Did you try searching in the BRP catalog while on marineengine.com? I looked at part #763735 and the specs for the impeller sound like they’d be close to what you have. They weren’t listed in "fractions", that’s why I say they sound close. There was also something about one of the part numbers being for motors with plastic housings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.