Home Forum Ask A Member Hose Adapter for Big Twins?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

Do any of these exist for big twins? I acquired one for fastwins, but it is too small for the water intake on a big twin gearcase.

I will say this is the only one Ive ever seen and am happy to own it! Ive heard of them, but hadnt seen them before.

99B2D593-DAAA-4DA9-8877-4EDF8661C076

Mumbles
      Participant

Kool! Does that clip onto the intake behind the prop? I’ve never seen one that style but I do have the Tempo and side plate ones for other OMC motors. I don’t think it would be too hard to make a plate style adapter for the Big Twin/RD motors.

Flushing-Adapters

johnyrude200
        Participant

Yes mumbles, it goes right over the screen intake behind the prop. The metal clip holds in on the exhaust port behind the water intake. Pretty handy tool, since I can use it on motors up to 2000 using the older style 2-piece gearcase, such as the 28 SPL….basically usable from 1954 fastwins (15hp) right through 2000.

Not to ramble on but compared to mercury, I still shake my head at how much stuff on OMC’s can just be reused. Probably a big reason why they went out of business. Folks didn’t have to keep buying new motors/tools/parts every 3-5 years because they just kept making the same thing for decades. At least mercury thought ahead for ‘planned obsolete-ness.’

kerry
          Participant

US Member

I made 2 plates, one for a 1965 75hp, one for a 1962 18hp. Different pipe nipples use the same hose adaptor.

100_1122

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.