Home Forum Ask A Member how the heck do you add an attachment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dobber
    Participant

error error, its maddening i tell you. i have all these short videos i took for everyone to get a good laugh at a rookie breaking down on the river and getting towed in by the visiting hawaiian outrigger crew that was practicing. not to mention the damn engine coughing jumping skipping etc. i took the videos on my iphhone 7 plus and they are on my mac. I’ve compressed them into a zip file and dragged them to the attachment section. it says downloading and the bar goes from 10% to 50%0 to 100&% and then the damn error message comes up again and again. HOW DO YOU POST A VIDEO IN "LAYMANS TERMS?"

Also. do I………1. reverse the clutch dog, 2. buy a new clutch dog, 3 buy a new clutch dog and forward gear or 4. buy a new lower unit altogether. (there is obviously been one already replaced because it is bright red and the rest of the engine is brick red or that color of Alabama and cream).this is regarding the please help 1957 johnson

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member
        quote dobber:

Also. do I………1. reverse the clutch dog, 2. buy a new clutch dog, 3 buy a new clutch dog and forward gear or 4. buy a new lower unit altogether. (there is obviously been one already replaced because it is bright red and the rest of the engine is brick red or that color of Alabama and cream).this is regarding the please help 1957 johnson

Most of the time the lower unit is replaced is because someone hit a big rock. The Brick Red color is probably the maroon color called Johnson "Holiday Bronze" from 1956 30 HP or a 1957 35 HP. If it’s from the 30 HP, although it bolts up and works, it is not built as strong inside. When they upped to 35 HP in 1957, they beefed up the innards. Now – what to buy for parts – take it apart first and see what you need. You may find some really bad things on several parts, making it a better deal to get another used lower unit – you can post a Wanted ad here on the classified board – the ad is free – and you will likely get several offers at several prices. Otherwise, just get the parts you need if it just needs a shift dog and/or a gear. I’d try reversing the shift dog, but the downside is that if it’s so bad that the bad side won’t handle reverse without jumping out of gear, you have to take it apart again, and it gets a bit messy sealing them up as you put them back together.

As for posting a video – the easy way is to post on you-tube, and paste the you-tube web address in your post here.
        Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.