Home Forum Ask A Member Ignition points for 1947 3.5hp Scott Atwater

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Monte NZ
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Hi All
      Could someone please advise me where I can get a set of replacement points.
      I thought I had a spare set, but on inspection, I see that they are the old set replaced by my dad in 1954
      when he bought the motor! (This is the motor I restored back in 2015-16 and provided the article for our magazine. Some of you may remember, club member cajuncook1 was a terrific help in providing info and photos of parts missing on my motor.)

Also, had wondered if anyone had managed to rebuild the contacts on old points, as I see one contact missing, leaving a copper base, onto which a new contact could possibly be soldered.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Monte NZ

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Eiseman or Phelon? Not that I have either one, but I would think Phelon would be easier to find.

Monte NZ
        Participant

Thanks for your reply Frank. Eiseman is the brand I have. I didn’t know Phelon made them for Scott Atwater.

I will check out Phelon and see what I can learn.

Thanks once again
          Monte NZ

auldscott
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Eiseman magnetos were used in various brands, far as I know. You might put out a request for a set of points for an Eiseman magneto rather than for your Scott-Atwater. Better still if you can find the Eiseman model number.

frankr
            Participant

US Member

According to the Merc-O-Tronic manual, Mercury also used an Eiseman mag at some time in their history. Don’t know if it was the same one, or which Mercury.

Scott-Atwater part number for Eiseman points is 470-135. Now all you have to do is find a Scott-Atwater dealer. Yeah, right.

Page-36-Keikhaefer-Mercury-Coils-Condensers

Page-36-Keikhaefer-Mercury-Coils-Condensers

Eiseman-Magneto

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by frankr.
              RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

I acquired NOS set(s) of points for my 33 hp Scott, I will look at the boxes this evening and see what numbers they are…I do know I will be using Phelon coils to replace the originals…If they are even the same….

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

Monte NZ
                Participant

Thanks auldscott,and thanks Frank for the charts / parts diagram and also Richard for your replies.
                  I have the original Eiseman box that the replacement points came in , but the numbers are very faded.
                  All I can make out are the last three figures, which look to be 780.

Thanks once again
                  Monte NZ

RICHARD A. WHITE
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

Well, crap, seems I chucked the boxes as I found the new points, forgot I had installed them on the mag…sorry

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                    classicomctools@gmail.com

Monte NZ
                    Participant

Hi Richard
                      Darn! Top marks for trying anyway!
                      You are a tidy chap…….my wife would be very impressed with you!!

Maybe,with a bit of luck, someone else may be able to come up with the Eiseman part No.

Thanks again
                      Monte NZ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.