Ignition wiring diagram 1932 elto sr speedster battery spark

Home Forum Ask A Member Ignition wiring diagram 1932 elto sr speedster battery spark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• tinkerman

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 312
    Topics: 54

I’m in need of a wiring schematic for a 1932 elto sr speedster. Motor was pretty rough when I got it and missing a couple parts. The ignition wires were all disconnected. I’m in the process of rebuilding the coil with a “military coil”. I know the two nubs on the side of the coil are for the plug wires, but I’m unsure of the black and yellow wire coming out of the end of the coil. I know I’ve got to have a condenser. I know I have to have power from the battery and I know power has to go to the Atwater Kent points. I just need a simple wiring diagram showing the exact way to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated

It's a jungle out there.

wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1037
    Topics: 101

The coil should have a long set of wires to the battery and a short set of wires to the timer. Did you find the videos on how to rebuild the coils?

https://youtu.be/xwbTlC1xIlA

https://youtu.be/e2vxDqF_OEU

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by wbeaton.

Tom

Replies: 636
    Topics: 57

I think this is what you’re looking for. You can use an automotive condenser. Put strain reliefs on the power and point wires coming out of the case. I’ve run them without filling them with wax and had no problems.

T

tinkerman

Where it says two wires to battery ,that’s one to negative and one to positive, correct?

It's a jungle out there.

Tom

Replies: 636
    Topics: 57

Yep, I’ve never found it to make any difference which one goes where.

T

tinkerman

Thanks Tom and I appreciate everyone’s info. On a side note Tom, I found a buzz coil for my RBM and got it wired up. (Not running yet but shouldn’t take much, I actually picked up a couple extra just in case)

It's a jungle out there.

The Boat House

Replies: 4550
    Topics: 111

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.