Home Forum Ask A Member impeller replacement kits 5.5-6.7.5 ……hp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/r%C3%A9paration-763758-turbine-moteur-hors-bord/dp/B08DHJD9NM/ref=sr_1_18?__mk_fr_CA=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=omc+impeller+kit&qid=1611069851&sr=8-18

these kits ( lucky mumbles $22 purchases) have jumped way up + shipping. They have a small diffrence with the OEM pumps from the 50-60’s

I noticed on the one I purchased ( more $$$$ 🙁 ) that it does not have a vent hole drilled in the housing like the older ones have. Maybe the small hole is no longer needed.. ? .

maybe it was OMC wisdom forgotten in the modern manufacturing process

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Tinman
      Participant

US Member

Never have used one. Do they pump just as well?

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Are these OEM kits??

Mumbles
          Participant

They are offshore aftermarket kits but identical to the OEM kits in every way. I’ll check a housing for the bleeder hole against an OEM one later today. While I have one out, I’ll see if the country of origin is marked on the OEM box anywhere.

This style pump first came out on the 1977 six horse motors replacing the old style, large impeller pumps. Since the water pumps are basically the same going back to ’54, these pumps will fit any 5, 5.5, 6, and 7.5 horse J/E from ’54 to ’79.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Mumbles.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.