Home Forum Ask A Member Info needed on new find. mercury super 10

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    billy-j
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hello again. Talked to Dave Bernard yesterday and he gave me some direction on what to look for on engine to identify. Curiosity got the best of me today and I took the lower engine shroud off and checked the serial number on engine block # 477627 it also has a Bendix magneto and after reading Tubs post went back out and it did have a # AJ 32 A carb on it. Over all engine looks unmolested and it pulls over good. Some one in the past painted it all black but luckily engine inside of shroud was not painted. Can the exact year of engine be determined from full serial number? Also information on Bendix magneto would be appreciated also how it compares to a phalon mag. I hear the Phalon is a better magneto. Also was the engine leg, lower unit and transom clamp painted silver or was it natural aluminum? Thanks again Bill,

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

1951 KG7 dull aluminum paint on all but the tank and lower cowl band was a polished aluminum with red letters.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by dave-bernard.
        billw
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

With no neutral or reverse, you just have to use your brain and plan ahead. It is a form of Darwinism, common in the US before the government got involved in consumer safety. In another fifty years, outboards will come with air bags and back-up cameras.

Long live American manufacturing!

The Boat House
          Participant

1russellislander
            Participant

Thanks for the video! I enjoyed it!!

billy-j
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

How do you post a picture to this topic? Probably time I learned. Bill,

The Boat House
                Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.