Home Forum Ask A Member Initial carb set on Newer Weird Evinrude

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    benchrascal
    Participant

I was given a 1993 2hp Evinrude recently ,bears little or no resemblance to it’s forebearers up to and including the carb .This appears to be one of those batch motors built cheaply overseas (this one in Hong Kong) and the carb is a modified motorcycle type .I’ve been trying to tune it recently and can find no info anywhere on initial settings etc.I’ve got the needle set at two turns right now and i’m pretty sure that is approximately where it was when I got it but it would be nice to know if that is close before I spend much more time on it .

lotec
      Participant

I think you will find that the only adjustment is the idle stop screw. It has no impact on a barrel/needle carb except to limit how far the barrel/needle drops down and thus the idle speed. Pick a point where the barrel isn’t all the way closed and then adjust to get the best idle speed.

The China-made OMC 2hp is a pretty chintzy bit of work when compared to the old Junior/Colt that it replaced. However, they do run pretty well if everything is there and in good shape. The plastic parts of the cowl are utter crap though….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.