Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson 5 hp TN28

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    genetoo
    Participant

Trying to build one usable dependable motor out of 2 TN’s that I have. One is a 27 and the other is a 28 What are the differences between the 2? What parts might not be interchangeable ? Thanks Gene in Mn

Mumbles
      Participant

The most obvious difference are the tank decals and the lower crankshaft seals had a slightly different design between the two. That’s all I’m aware of.

TN-28

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Mumbles.
        genetoo
        Participant

Completely rebuilding a TN 28 5 HP Johnson Like my very 1st outboard growing up back home on the Mississippi.A previous thread a member said that Mr. Lautner,the gentleman that makes leather seals for that motor for us is taking a break from making them for awhile. I don,t want to bother him if that,s the case with a order . He has been helping all of us with tech info etc for years & I respect one,s time to take it easy. Also mentioned by another member there was another source for these leather seals ? Can one update us ? Thx much ! Gene in Mn

lloyd
          Participant

US Member

I still make the leather Primer Seals. Just mailed some out yesterday. Send $10.00 cash and a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) To: Lloyd Lautner, 9289 North Long Lake Road, Traverse City, Michigan, 49685

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.