Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson HA39 idle adjustment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    beezer
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

can anyone tell me if the hole on the crankcase idle speed adjustment is the same size straight through to the crankshaft or is it like a jet that is smaller in size as it goes to feed fuel to the crankcase?  it’s the adjustment behind the gas tank. mine is all stopped up and before i take a drill bit to it i would like to know if it is a different size the farther you go in the hole. i would think it’s a straight through shot to the crankshaft. thanks

lloyd
      Participant

US Member

It is basically the same size hole all the way into the crankcase except in the front of the hole where it tapers out.  This may lead you to believe that it tapers all the way in.  I would not use a drill bit to clean it out as you might use too large a bit and damage the correct size of the hole. In addition, the fuel mixture needle partially penetrates into the orifice, so using a drill bit can damage the needle. Try cleaning it out with a small diameter stiff wire and be sure to back out the mixture needle so it won’t get damaged.

You will also surely need new leather primer seals and instructions to clean out and test the one way fuel valve that directs fuel to the low speed mixture valve. If so, contact me.

Lloyd Lautner

231-929-7479

beezer
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

thanks for the info.  not sure if im going to try to start it . i have it all apart now how much do you want for the carb seals? thanks again.

lloyd
          Participant

US Member

For new leather primer seals and installation instructions send $10.00 cash (no checks or money orders) and a self addressed stamped envelope to me

Lloyd Lautner  9289 North Long Lake Road  Traverse City  Michigan  49685

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.