Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson LS37 carb hole

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    Participant

Could anybody tell me what the hole in the bottom of my LS37 carb is? Or send me a picture of the bottom of a LS37 carb.. thank you

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I wonder if that hole is original, or if someone decided to let excess fuel “out”, or more air “In”?

Prepare to be boarded!

Mike M
        Participant

Yea it doesn’t appear to be threaded.. I have blocked it with a paper towel just to see and it starts a little easier and it seems to start easier.. it starts good on test bench but will not stay running in the test tank.. it’s got to be a air intake I’m thinking..or like you said drilled out for some god forsaken reason..

Mike M
          Participant

On the poche website it points to bottom side ports to clean but can’t tell if it’s a hole or some kind of plug?

Rusted Junk
            Participant

Hi Mike,
              All three of my carburetors have that hole in them I believe, I will double check tomorrow when I get to my other shop where I have the motors, I just recently went thru two of those carburetors on my TS20’s . I will attach a picture for you.
              Steve

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Rusted Junk
              Participant

Mike,
                Attached is a picture of the hole I’m my Johnson TS 20 Carburetor. I have three of theses motors and all have that hole in them.

Steve

Mike M
                Participant

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.