Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson Opposed ‘A’ Cooling System parts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    need2fish
    Participant

I’m ashamed to admit that I got impatient….. After weeks of heat—PB Blaster—Cool—Repeat, I have broken coolant tube elbows on the jugs of my A-25 project. (I claim responsibility for only 50% of the problem. On inspection, the metal is very grainy, I believe they were created through casting and were cooled too quickly).

I have an organ donor but it has different sized coolant tubes (1/4″ vs. 3/16″).

Does anyone out there know of a source for those elbows ? — they have a tapered thread end (goes into the water jacket) and a straight thread end (attaches to the cooling pipe).

I’m sure there are modern-day versions as I’ve been finding machined 1/4 ” elbows, but I’d really like something that looks close to the originals (cast-brass with machined taper engine side/machined straight end tubing side).

Aluminum would do as well.

The Boat House
      Participant

https://www.oldoutboard.com/

need2fish
        Participant

Thanks Tubs… cracking the or cutting the jugs had occured to me…. I have hard time putting old motors out of their misery. Breaking the jugs would be the end of the line for one more ouboard. Just last week I tossed the powerhead to my Golden Jubillee 5 1/2. It’s been seized for more than 30 years (another lesson learned — make sure you check that crankshaft seal on CD/Fishermen regularly).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by need2fish.
          The Boat House
          Participant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.