Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson QD 10 and tank

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joelangan
    Participant

Have a Johnson QD 10 with a tall boy gas tank. Any idea on worth of this setup? Engine is complete but hasn’t run in at least 30 years. Also has second parts engine. Thanks very much.

Mumbles
      Participant

If the tall boy is in good shape, it might be worth more than the motor to the right person.

opposedtwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Unseen and with few details, I’m guessing value would range from about $125-$250 for all of it.

labrador-guy
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If the tall boy is in good shape, it might be worth more than the motor to the right person.

Anybody know, was that tall boy gas can a one year deal. My ’51 big twin has the short tank. Maybe 49/50 vintage?

dale

aquasonic
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

To the best of my knowledge, the tall boy tanks were from 1949 and 1950. They are interesting, but they had a couple of design issues. They were tippy with the high center of gravity, and rainwater would collect on the top.

ELTON DUFFY
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’ve restored many tall boy tanks over the years. Things I consider before buying a tank are: Condition of the inside—does it come with a fuel connector that can be restored–is it dented- is the glass fuel gauge and dial in good condition? It’s best to remove the top assembly and see if the slide and float assembly are restorable. I also restore tanks for those that have a tall boy to be restored.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.