Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson RD-16 Parts Manual

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fisherman6
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Does anyone have a digital parts manual for a 1954 Johnson RD-16? I’m working on one that was missing a few parts. I’m getting it back together now but a parts breakdown would be very helpful. Also, I’m trying to figure out where the wire from the vacuum cutout switch goes to the magneto. I have an RDE I can refer to if needed but if I don’t need to have two of them apart to get one back together that would be a little easier. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
      -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

Ben, a RDE-17 manual is the closest I have.
        Regarding the cut-out switch wiring, here’s how
        my RDE-17 was routed to the points to the bottom cylinder.

Prepare to be boarded!

fisherman6
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Buc! I think that’s all I need. The magneto wire routing looks like it should be the same. I think part of the original wire broke off at the clip. I’ll have to remove the mag plate again and see if I can add to or if I need to replace that wire. Someone had completely removed the cutout switch so I had a piece of hose with nowhere to connect too. I borrowed a switch from a basket case 56 Lark I have. I’ll have o replace that when I find one. At least I should be able to get this RD back up and running pretty soon.
          -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.