Home Forum Ask A Member lauson outboard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GARY STEFFENEY
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

hi i just recieved a lauson outboard ,,it does run,, i am having trouble finding the model,,,, the ser nr is 7113627 and the only other nr. i’ve found on it was on transom bracket and it was ob 151-1, it painted olive drab and looks like maybe original,,, second question what was the factory color on these and was the exhaust tube painted or polished,,thank you for any help and till later,,,gary

Buccaneer
      Participant

I don’t know if the model number is stamped, a metal tag, or what,
        but most likely one of these models in the list.

PM Doug Grell, he’s the Special Interest person for Lausons.

If you need parts catalog and most parts I am the Lauson rep and have both for most motors.
        Doug Grell
        541 948 0866
        ======================================
        January 19, 2022 at 10:35 am#2530
        I am the Lauson person listed in the Antique Outboader Magazine and I have all parts and repair manuals for

every model of Lauson. I have close to thirty of these Lausons and many parts motors. I have the cowl,

and you need the cowl for correct air cooling.

Send me your email and I will get you the Manual or call me @ 541 948 0866

Doug Grell

====================

Lauson-Models

Prepare to be boarded!

GARY STEFFENEY
        Participant

thank you doug,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i’ll give it another look and see if more numbers on on it,,,,i may call you if that would be agreeable,,,thank you again ,,gary

joecb
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Doug Grell is no longer that “Lauson: guy… The Lauson special Interest position is open at this time.

As for Gary’s question, Is the motoe a singlr or twin cylinder model? a photo would help.

If I remember, the Lausons had a tag with model and serial nunbers riveted to the top of the transom clamp bracket. If no tag, look for two tell-tale rivet pin holes about 1 – 1/2 ” apart.

Joe B

GARY STEFFENEY
            Participant

jo hi,,, there isn’t any tag or tell tale holes,,, the only numbers on this engine are the ones i mentioned before one on a casting pad on the front of engine and the other on the swivel bracket attached to the engine,,, thier are no signs of decals on this engine just the dull green paint,, i’ll try to send pic if can figure out the system,,,but thanks for help,,,,gary

GARY STEFFENEY
              Participant

forgot to mention its a single cylender  with the two brass pipes coming down from power head and a wrap around rope recoil starter

GARY STEFFENEY
                Participant

jo,,, i’m having problems uploading pics on this site,,sorry,,, if you could maybe send me your email address and ill forward these to you and see what you see i have overlooked,,,,thank you,,,,gary

GARY STEFFENEY
                  Participant

gonna try this again,, i had the ser nr off some ,,, i got into the tag area and its 7h3647 on this lauson outboard,,, as i said earlier the only other nr on this engine is on the swivel mount under engine and its ob 151-1 . sorry for the slip,,,,and thanks for anyones help in what the model nr of this engine is,,,,gary

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.