Home Forum Ask A Member Lauson Sport King

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Porter
    Participant

US Member

Hi members, am new to club. Have a Lauson Sport King thats been sitting for decades and need some advice concerning its desireability. Can someone please advise an asking price? Its all there and original paint.

Thanks, Ken in Florida

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

They are popular on lakes that would otherwise ban running vintage motors;  as it is of course a 4-stroke.

joecb
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

What model Number?, Single or the twin ?  Much depends on cosmetics … pix would be helpful.

Joe B

Kenneth Porter
          Participant

US Member

Am away until around April 22.

Then I will post pictures, it is a two cylinder.

My late uncle told me he purchased it new from factory and had it on a small boat and took me out for rides when I was a young teen in the 60’s. Its not run for probably 50 some years. I would not be surprised after a good carb cleaning etc that it would crank up.

joecb
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It is a treasure when you have a “family” motor and the stories that come with it. If it was well loved. likely it is intact and could very well be brought back to life with little effort. If it turns over, check for spark… but caution here. Your twin cylinder motor has an ignition coil with an un-grounded secondary (can be explained latter) … when pulling over the motor be sure that BOTH spark plug wires have a path to ground… for example ground one wire to the engine and the other wire to an exposed spark plug to show the spark. Neglecting to provide both paths to ground, risks ruining the coil by internal short circuit…. and those “twin” Eisermann coils are costly.

Joe B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.