Home Forum Ask A Member Leather primer seals

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    The Boat House
    Participant

Michael Purpura
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Are those the leather seals that Lloyd sells? The photo with the two seals stacked on top of each other?

lloyd
        Participant

US Member

Yes. The red arrow is pointing at the Leather seals. When you order new seals they come with complete instructions and diagrams. I am happy to report that in 20 years no one has told me that they couldn’t make the primer work with a new set of seals.
          To check the one way check valve, clean it off so you don’t get junk in your mouth, Then put the end with the hole up to your lips. When you blow air should not pass. When you suck ,air should pass freely. If not the little stainless steel ball inside is stuck from old varnish. Soak the valve in Acetone and or lacquer thinner and blast it out with compressed air until it functions as described above.

The Boat House
          Participant

Michael Purpura
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Lloyd. I will need seals for the HS39 and the TN27. Can I prepay this by sending you a check from my bank and then when you cash it you send the seals? What is the cost for each set?

Michael Purpura
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Tubs. On this old HS39 would you advise me to take the engine apart completely or just go through the ignition, carb and lower end and then give it a yank?

The Boat House
                Participant

The Boat House
                  Participant

Thank you Lloyd. I will need seals for the HS39 and the TN27. Can I prepay this by sending you a check from my bank and then when you cash it you send the seals? What is the cost for each set?

Hello. I am Lloyd Lautner. I have what you need. Send $10.00 cash (no checks or money orders) and a SASE ( Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) To me: Lloyd Lautner 9289 North Long Lake Road Traverse City Michigan 49685

lloyd
                    Participant

US Member

Michael, the order instructions are above in this thread. No Checks or Money orders. Cash only. $10.00 for each set and a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

Michael Purpura
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Mumbles,
                        I don’t remember who mentioned that they were having trouble with an old HS series Johnson. There was talk of it running erratically. I can tell you I got mine running smooth as silk. The coil, condenser and points were good. My problem was the conductive graphite rods. I had to remake them. If you are having trouble and want to try new rods let me know and I will make a set for you. You certainly helped me get my engine running and I would like to return the favor.
                        Mike

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.