Home Forum Ask A Member Looking for a owners manual for a QD 15 10 hp Johnson outboard

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

Thank you Mumbles thats what i was looking for

the hood i got has the wing bolts but has white paint on the sides instead of the dull aluminium paint i wonder if the end of 54 they changed to the white

Definitely ’55 style paint with the Cream trim so it could possibly be an early ’55 if it has the ’54 wingnuts. I’ve seen that before on the 5 1/2 horse motors so they were probably using leftover parts from the ’54 models.On the other hand, it could be a real late ’54 using the ’55 paint scheme. What’s the serial number on it?

Rider
      Participant

The serial number is 1111839

i want to paint it with the correct colors thank you for your help

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member

not much difference between the qd15 10hp and FD version of the 15hp this may help

see url on top

Great Crosbyman! You found a way to display that URL to people!

fisherman6
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Mumbles thats what i was looking for

the hood i got has the wing bolts but has white paint on the sides instead of the dull aluminium paint i wonder if the end of 54 they changed to the white

Definitely ’55 style paint with the Cream trim so it could possibly be an early ’55 if it has the ’54 wingnuts. I’ve seen that before on the 5 1/2 horse motors so they were probably using leftover parts from the ’54 models.On the other hand, it could be a real late ’54 using the ’55 paint scheme. What’s the serial number on it?

The ’54 still has the Seahorse logo cast into the earlier style exhaust leg and no rubber isolation mounts. If it is an “early ’55” situation like many of us have encountered with the CD models, I’d say it would have the thumbscrew retainers on the cover but have the later ’55 exhaust housing and rubber mounts. Those are the things that really defined the ’55 motors.
            -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Rider
            Participant

thanks Ben i just checked the qd 15 and it doesn’t have the rubber mounts like my qd16 so i am guessing it would be the dull aluminum trim
              the cover i have is pretty rough pitted and the hing pin is seized and broken in the front and back halves so i will repair that when time allows

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Rider.
              1 user thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.