Home Forum Ask A Member Membership renewal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DAVID PARLEE
    Participant

US Member

I just renewed my membership for the next year and see I just lost a month from my next renewal date. My current membership was set to expire the end of February and since I renewed a month early, now see my renewal expires the end of January. I and sure I am not the only one seeing this so why has this not been corrected? It should be a rolling renewal so it automatically extends membership by a year from the expiration of the current membership expitation date. Please advise and correct.

David P

oldlure
      Participant

US Member

I just did mine last week with no problems. Here is the email confirmation I received.

Not sure what the “Important” message does as it just takes me back to the home page.

IMPORTANT! You must follow this link to confirm your email address before your membership is fully activated:<br aria-hidden=”true” />https://www.aomci.org/?ui=1587&validate=3d3aa3c22e61e21c

<hr />

Dear oldlure,

Thank you for your membership to Antique Outboard Motor Club,Inc.

Below are details about your membership account and a receipt for your initial membership invoice.

Account: oldlure (alfossboss@hotmail.com)

Membership Level: US Member – 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Membership Fee: The price for membership is $53.00 now.

This membership will expire on January 22, 2025.

Invoice #63263D3ABD on January 16, 2024<br aria-hidden=”true” />Total Billed: $53.00

Respectfully,<br aria-hidden=”true” />Antique Outboard Motor Club,Inc

olcah
        Participant

US Member

Interesting.  My membership was to expire this month January 2024.  I  was billed $70 (not $53) supposedly for ONE ? year.  I  renewed.   Yet my new membership is set to expire in June 2025? I am confused.  Can someone clarify?

Thank you.

george-emmanuel
          Participant

US Member

If you had your name displayed, I could answer your question about your renewal date.

George

olcah
            Participant

US Member

George,

Thank you.  Sent you a PM.

Charles

georgemartin200
              Participant

US Member

GEORGE; WILL THE CLUB, STILL SEND OUT THE RED RENEWAL CARD??, & HOW MUCH IS THE RENEWAL FEE NOW?, also can one pay via Pay Pal.??. Also I was under the impression that my subscription ended on April 22 2024??

THANKS

RONALD TOMAHAWK,WI

Shear Pin
                Participant

US Member

Can you pay for more than one year?
                  Can you pay with a check or money order?

george-emmanuel
                  Participant

US Member

Olcah, please send me a copy of the renewal info you got showing the $70 amount. Obviously that is not correct and I want to see what was generated so we can follow up and correct it.

George

george-emmanuel
                    Participant

US Member

First off, let me apologize for the late response. I’m only on the site maybe 2 times per week……..

To address all the questions, let me take them one by one:

The changes in the dues structure were announced in the July 2023 issue of the Antique Outboarder on page 5. We were forced to raise dues due to the rising costs of printing, postage, insurance, and general operating expenses. It is all explained on page 5.

When you renew on line, the software automatically adjusts your renewal date based on when you renew, however, Dave Nau reviews the transactions and makes the correction based on your previous renewal date. If you have concerns, contact Dave.

Yes, the club still sends out the red renewal cards approximately 30 days in advance of your renewal date. You may also receive an e-mail notification if your address is in our database.

You cannot renew for more than one year! As we stated, the volatility of prices keeps us from being able to estimate the next year’s costs of operation. In fact, a couple of months after we made the change in the dues structure, the Post Office announced another increase in postage. We mail out approximately 2400 magazines per quarter, so you can do the math and see how that affects our costs.

Dues for US members is $50 per year. You can pay using a check or money order payable to AOMCI. If you renew on line using a credit/debit card, there is a $3 additional fee we charge to cover the costs Paypal and Stripe charge us for processing your payment. If you wish to avoid the $3, pay by check or M/O. Dues for Canadian and International members are different and you need to refer again to the page 5 I earlier  mentioned. Do NOT send payments to me…..send them to Membership Services, Dave Nau.

Lastly, the AOMCI Council does everything possible to keep you informed, but, it is YOUR responsibility to read our messages in the Outboarder to stay informed! The magazine is our primary means of communication. If you have questions, the best way to get answers is to contact the officer in charge of operations your question concerns. If it is membership, Dave Nau is in charge of membership services. If it is a question of finances, you contact me. Publications now has Todd Smet. All our contact information is in the front of the Outboarder magazine, and we are here to serve you the members. All the questions asked on this post have been explained in the Outboarder!

George Emmanuel, Treasurer

georgemartin200
                      Participant

US Member

Many Thanks George for your clarifications. I will await the RED CARD, & then pay by check, as I have done in the past years.

Ronald

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.