Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury 55H Value

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

Yeah agree with Dave. You aren’t getting a 55H in my neck of the woods for that range that’s for sure.

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

That is another good thing about "the Old Outboard Book", it may not be accurate on prices, but it always gets the ball rolling . . . 😆

foot_doctor
        Participant

US Member

If it’s a real MK55H and not a clone, the engine had some special high performance parts supplied by the factory when it was originally assembled. The crankshaft should be the one with the smaller (-.002") crank pin journals. It came with a light flywheel, and Carter Model N carbs. The one valuable component would be the racing gear case. If the gear case is in very good order, it, by itself would be worth more than $1000.00. Nobody is making any mor MK55H gearcase housings, although all of the internals are available. (aftermarket). Someone will be interested in purchasing this engine. The market is less urgent, but there are folks inerested in owning vintage racing equipment. R.T.

tjmercracer
          Participant

US Member

The motor is a true 55H and not a clone. It has the carter carbs and serial number is correct. The motor has been resting in a garage for over 30 years, properly stored and pulled over periodically. I’m thinking in the $1500-2000 range. I am assuming that the gearcase will need to be gone thru along with the ignition, etc, so there is a cost to this too.
            This is a real nice original example and after many years the owner is ready to sell. Just looking for ballpark number.
            Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.