Home Forum Ask A Member Model A 1923 ? with crate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    hydrojet
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hi, member for a few years, mostly Mercury, Johnson, Evinrude 50’s ,60’s. I’ve recently run across Johnson model 200 (missing carb cap). also a Model A 1923 in a crate(no crate top). I live in the Northeast. How rare and popular is this motor(7-8+) condition. Not running yet (where can I get parts) ? $400-$500+/ crate thanks Mike

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Pictures??????

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

hydrojet
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Richard thans for responding. I have never tried to put photos up on this site. just got app for facebook tho . I didn’t want to put this on facebook. The motor is nice 7/8 condition ,not running. The box good condition+, no top. I’m trying to “save” the motor an box what is a fair price? I will try to get photos. I tried to find the post on what to do, didn’t come up. Hunn’s book said these are good
          runners. This has carb cover I need for Johnson 200, from -0- carb. do u have one, cover.

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

When you reply to this message, look below the box you will be typing in…Look for the smallish box that says “SELECT FILE”
            That will open a box that you can then pick the picture you want to post. More than one picture????, then select the box that says ” ADD ANOTHER FILE” Size is limited to just under 2400 kb’s I think

The Boat House
            Participant

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Thanks Tubs, I am currently at work and just did not have time to do that..Can I send you my Speedster carbs to look at? If so can you message me? THanks

reivertom
                Participant

US Member

All I know is I’d love to find a model A in a crate!

The Boat House
                  Participant

Sent you a PM Richard

hydrojet
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I don’t have files on my computer for this motor, I have app on facebook but haven’t used it. I would rather put on this site. Being that as it may, I will try to get pics. I’m waiting on owner and want to make offer. How rare are these, especially since 1923, original box. I,m looking for a price to give me an idea. Good + both items.

stanley
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Assuming the crate is original to that motor with good legible markings and motor is complete,I think the price you listed in your oriiginal post would be fair.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.