Home Forum Ask A Member motors for sale from facebook -close out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    seahuntboater
    Participant

Just saw this on Facebook. Perhaps some guys can go in on this together.

‎David Haven Sorvillo‎ to Vintage Outboard Boat Motors
      17 hrs ·
      40 plus vintage Johnson Evinrude motors clean out job:

I bought this building in Mansfield Center Connecticut (Center Marine) that was an outboard motor shop 1960s-1980s. 40 or so motors, extra engine covers (all vintage 40s-70s) track system, run tank, stand, parts bins, half motors all over the place, misc parts, and books.
      I would like someone to take all the motors and parts sort out what they want scrap the rest so I can rehab the building. This would take several days and would amount to a few box trucks full of stuff. Along with several hundred of dollars of scrap as you determine.
      They are all Johnson / Evinrude and some 1940s old small weird ones.
      Half are nice size two cylinders but there are also some big V4s.
      I’d like to make a deal for $2,000 and provide time and space for someone to sort load empty out all boat related stuff.
      If you have anybody up here in Connecticut let me know or if you know someone who may like this job have them message/email or call at 860 796 4533

Good Luck…….. Ralph

aquasonic
      Participant

US Member
        • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by aquasonic.
        johnyrude200
        Participant

Let me save you all some time. Dont bother going to look at this. 95% of the stuff is complete junk, rotted, rusted out, water destroyed, or blown up.

The guy bought the place as a town auction for back taxes and the wholebuilding is collapsing. He got in over his head and doesnt have a clue about how much junk he has. The motors in the pictures are all blown up, seized, or badly water damaged from being left to the elements. The place is literally collapsing on itself.

He paid $50k for a building that needs to be knocked down full of junk and doesnt want to do anything to improve it. And he’s trying to flip it at 90k as is.

I wasted a day driving down from
          NH to look at things and he wouldnt sell anything, but says he wants to. I think he’s sort of a moron quite frankly. He wants you to pay for a bunch of junk scrap AND clean the place up while paying him.

I explained to him like literally 20 times what he has for a situation but he’s in such a state of denial over what a mistake he made he just doesnt want to believe anything you tell him.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by johnyrude200.
          lyks2tinkr
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I live less than 10 minutes from there and it’s all in poor condition.
            The original owner had been “trying” to sell stuff but it was priced way out of whack.
            Most of what’s in there is junk. There may be a few good items but not much of value will be lost when it’s sent to to the local scrapper.

johnyrude200
            Participant

There is barely anything of value there and he thinks its all worth a fortune (the new owner). Its all just flat out garbage. He wont sellt hings separately because again, he doesnt want to do the work to clear the place out.

Basically what the guy did was blow 50k on a plot of land that needs the building knocked down and isnt worth what he’ll have put into all this once it’s all said and done. So he put himself in the same bad position as why the original owners abandoned the place AND paid to do this!

Says enough about him….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.