Museums that accepts donations

Home Forum Ask A Member Museums that accepts donations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Doc Dan

Replies: 0
    Topics: 1

I inherited my neighbor’s Martin ’20’ outboard when I moved to Texas in 1973. I am guessing it is in the 1940’s or 1930’s vintage. The tag says A 10875 S/N. Eau Claire Wisconsin National Pressure Cooker Company. It is clean, almost like it belonged to the little old lady who just drove it to church on Sundays.’ I used it, not many times, on my 17′ canoe and a few more times in a rowboat to go to our duck blinds. However I out lived my duck hunting partners and places to hunt. I had thoughts of donating it to a maritime museum or place that would like to have a good looking motor for display instead of the typical beat up rusty relics. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Dan Kolar dekolar at sbcglobal.net Austin TX.

bobw

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2447
    Topics: 56

Dan,
    I live not far from you down in Rockport, TX. The Texas Maritime Museum here in Rockport used to have a collection of vintage outboard motors they kept on display, and would rotate the display every few months. I know the Museum suffered some damage during in Hurricane Harvey back in 2017 but they are back in full operation now (well, reduced hours due to Covid-19). Could be they might be looking for some new donations if they lost some of the motors to the storm, or might be looking to add to their collection.

http://www.texasmaritimemuseum.org

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
    1954 Johnson CD-11
    1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
    1958 Johnson QD-19
    1958 Johnson FD-12
    1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
    "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.