Home Forum Ask A Member Mystery trailer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    davidk
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can anyone help ID this trailer? Has a 1958 Glastron on it. The trailer was originally painted turquoise. Has a unique lifting system. Round pipe almost like a Gator.

IMG_5951

IMG_5955

IMG_5956

davidk
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The hubs on this trailer have a style of seal that I haven’t seen before. Mostly rubber with a metal backing plate.
        anyone seen these before?

IMG_6013

IMG_6011

bobw
        Participant

US Member

I came across some of those old Allis seals somewhere years ago. Don’t know if you could find those Allis seals anymore but a comparable unit is an SKF seal #16286. I think that type of seal is often found on engine crankshaft seals and some transmission input shaft seals.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks for the reply, Bobw, and for the cross reference to SKF. I took some measurements but I don’t have full confidence with a caliper.

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member

The Trailer, I believe is a Tee-Nee. The rail the boat keel sits on is on almost all Tee-Nees. The winch support and round pipe under it look like there may have been some home-brew modifications, or someone may have swapped some Tee Nee structure onto something else.. Click on the link below and scroll down for brochures:
              Dave

https://www.feathercraft.net/fc-info/10-catalogs/87-vintage-trailers

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by outbdnut2.
              davidk
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks for your input, Dave. Cool to see all the brochures. I’m familiar with Tee Nee trailers and I don’t see the resemblance here. The rail the boat sits on with Tee Nee trailers has that groove for the keel to sit in but it’s metal and part of the boxy main frame. On this trailer, there are wooden forms for the keel to set in. The winch stand is made of the same round pipe that the main frame is. I’m sure it’s original.

outboardshed
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

From the blue paint I would say Holzclaw trailer

stanley
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It looks to me like the keel rollers are able to be raised to launch and retrieve and lowered to allow keel to be fully supported by wood sections.Is that correct?

davidk
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That’s right, Stanley

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.