Home Forum Ask A Member Need Help Identifying a Zephyr 4404

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    flur60
    Participant

I recently purchased a Zepher s/n 4404-42940. I’m looking to do a restoration project. I need help identifying the correct paint color and scheme. I thought I had it nailed down until I noticed the name plate on the front of the tank. It’s gold instead of silver with red letters. It hasn’t been painted. Does anyone have any info on this? I only see the silver with red colors on line.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Dan

mike-stroz
      Participant

I don’t have a zephyr but I have a badge off of one. Looks like it’s nickel plated brass, so your plating must have rubbed off over the years. My badge is in decent shape if you want one. It’s got red lettering and blue in the stripes, "Zephyr" text, and stars (faded to green on mine).

Mumbles
        Participant

NOS right out of the wrapper. Red and blue on a nickel background?

Attachments:

flur60
          Participant

Thanks Mike.

That makes way too much sense. The motor has a very "unique" red, white & blue paint job on it now. The badge was probably rubbed clean when it was patiotized.

Please check your PM’s.

Dan

fisherman6
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

My Zephyr is a 1949 (4429) and has the same nickel with red letters and blue stripes.

-Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

flur60
              Participant

Another Question: Were the original zephers painted silver or were they left unpaint except for the tanks
                Thanks,
                Dan

garry-in-michigan
                Participant

Lifetime Member

They were painted semi-gloss aluminum, except for the polished ridges and armature handle . . .
                  😎

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.