Neptune Mighty Mite float help needed

Home Forum Ask A Member Neptune Mighty Mite float help needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• huntleybill

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 328
    Topics: 136

I have a couple of Neptune Mighty Mites Id like to try and get running. Both are missing the floats. I’m sure you can’t get the floats for these anymore so I was wondering if there is an alternative float material that can be used to make them. Has anyone done this before> If so, how did you do it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Bill

neps989

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 40
    Topics: 9

Sierra 18-7208 float can be modified to work. I think the center hole has to be drilled out and the overall length may need to be shortened. I have one that the previous owner modified. BRP 0302559 looks like it could be modified to work as well.
    Search for Poche family outboard. They have a section on basic carburetor repair. At the end of the article they talk about making a new float. They also mention the Sierra float.
    Hope this helps.
    My first response disappeared.
    Rob

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by neps989.

todd281

Replies: 120
    Topics: 52

As Neps989 said get that Sierra 18-7208 float , Pull apart your carb and remove the old cork float. Cut the new one to the right thickness Insert the center needle through the bottom of the carb, put one of the little clips back on it, install the new float on the needle, install the top clip. Easy-Peasy

huntleybill

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 328
    Topics: 136

Thank you so much. I will check this out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.