Home Forum Ask A Member Newer Yamaha 50 HP 4-stroke question

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yipes!!

billw
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, but if you had fixed it for free, he would have considered you such a good friend that he would have brought you a 12 pack and asked you to look at it again, next year, WHEN it acts up again!

When EFI first came out, I thought it was so complicated that it would be a nightmare. I was wrong. EFI on four stroke outboards is the way to go. Sure, if you don’t have a computer program, you’re at a disadvantage; but it is so much more reliable than carbs, that it’s worth it.

Long live American manufacturing!

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, I guess carburetor reliability went down the toilet when all the emissions rules came about…Try to remember how horrible the carburetors were on the last of the cars that had them in the early 80s.

outbdnut2
          Participant

US Member

That motor has one of the most complex-looking carb setups I’ve ever seen! Yeah I’m glad I didn’t learn on his boat, so I don’t have to periodically dig into the carbs. I do his oil and gear oil changes, grese fittings, etc. in the fall. He was paying a couple hundred each fall for this and “winterizing”.
            Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.