Home Forum Ask A Member Newest Find

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wyo307
    Participant

Thought everyone would like to see this. My newest purchase that looks to be a modified mercury q tower, transom clamps, and deep skeg single water pick up quickie! I got a heck of a deal on this and am excited as I am currently building a motor for my hydro.

I can’t see any welds on the original tower so why would someone go through all that effort to add in the stiffeners? My only thought was an early alky tower? What are your thoughts?

Also any insight into these old racing lower units would be greatly appreciated. I have the parts diagrams but was wondering what I should be looking at when servicing.

The story was that these belonged to a gentleman out of Spokane Washington that used to race hydros in the 70s but I don’t have a name or anything. He had since passed and I purchased them off of his wife. I haven’t actually seen them in person yet as I had a friend go buy it for me and is in the process of shipping it to me so more details will follow once I get it in.

IMG_5988

IMG_5989

IMG_5990

IMG_5991

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Mumbles.
      Randy in Tampa
      Participant

All that extra bulk would slow it down… Weird 🤔

Rotary valve Johnson’s Rule!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.