Home Forum Ask A Member Not an antique or a classic, but…

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

Now THAT is something I havent seem before. 6hp shifter, looks like a 10hp exhaust housing and gearcase, the lower cowel is a unique 6hp/9.9/15hp oddity. I have never seen a lower cowel like that one. The 14hp I have is basically a 9.9/15 from the lower cowel up married to a 28SPL exhaust housing and gearcase. The only unusual part is the exhaust housing adapter plate.

But these 12hp motors are clearly an abomination of extra parts from yesteryear.

I can only imagine some poor dealer requesting parts for a customer 6 months after production for these motors…

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

yep, that is a real strange marriage of various parts through the years…

glennb
        Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Can’t seem to find much info on these motors, but on page 19 of Peter Hunn’s The Old Outboard Book, third edition he mentions a few 1980s heavy-duty commercial Evinrudes had the tri-element skeg. (the two wings on either side of the skeg)
          Anyway here’s some more photos.

johnyrude200
          Participant

The intake bypass cover is unique in that it has a special boss to accommodate the tiller vertical gear to connect to the normal 9.9/15hp timing advance linkage.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.