not an oldy but …I need info on this part

Home Forum Ask A Member not an oldy but …I need info on this part

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 3587
    Topics: 326

I am fixing up a 94 3.3hp Evinrude from HONG KONG…H3RERM

looking for the wrap around cowl starboard side part# 0115619 Evinrude blue like an ETEC blue ….with the side clip parts

looked everywhere and zilch ….

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by crosbyman.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by crosbyman.

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

For what it’s worth (nothing) I have been finding parts for all the Asian-origin, badge-engineered small engines to be real hard to come by and/or very expensive. At best, you sometimes see that stuff from the United Kingdom; but the shipping is a killer.

Long live American manufacturing!

crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years

got it decent looking and holding up ok after fixing several cracks

1. drilled a few 1/16 holes each side of the cracks and key crack points and stitched it with extra thin SS wire from the hobby shop
    2- Tried several plastic glues on PP plastic and got nowhere (bondic.. Plastic Welder) 🙁 They had work on my 75hp ETEC lower cowl bolt cracks but not this 3.3hp plastic stuff)
    3- Inside the cowl I installed 2-3 layers common sticky fiberglass drywall tape over major cracks
    4- Covered up the taped areas with 2-3 layers of Lepage contact glue (white stuff and dries clear) and HOLDS GREAT on the polypropylene plastic cowl
    5 – Sprayed everything with my can of ETEC blue paint
    6- rebolted everything up …holds up fine and not to bad looking
    7- the side latch (missing) and UNAVAILBALE was replaced with a 1/8 hole hole in the upper cowl and a…blue tye wrap 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by crosbyman.

Monte NZ

International Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 304
    Topics: 89

I have been restoring a 1991 Hong Kong 2.3hp Evinrude (which I think is very similar to your 3.3hp) and have used J B Weld, together with fine stainless steel wire, to repair the hood……;.;seems to be holding so far.

Monte NZ

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

Gotta love it!!! All that high tech work and finished up with the bottom line…..a blue tye wrap!!! This is great stuff.

crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years

well I was disappointed to … the tye wrap blue does not match Evinrude E-TEC blue but it is holding up fine. 🙂

if it ever breaks, I’ll go with fine SS wire from the hobby shop..and dab it blue E-TEC .

the owner did not want to install the available & expensive eqv. Johnson part…repainted blue….just for the kid’s boat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.