Home Forum Ask A Member o ring

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    GLEN DEUTSCH
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Anyone have any experience with a company called Rehber. They have shift rod o rings cheaper than anywhere I have found. Been burned with scams before.

outbdnut2
      Participant

Never heard of them. If you have the measurements of the O-Ring, McMaster is the place to go – you get a big bag for the price of a couple OMC supplied O-rings. Link below.
        Dave

McMaster website

GLEN DEUTSCH
        Participant

Using the size chart, I looked at McMasters, O- Ring store, Graingers and many others. None have the right size. According to the chart, it is an odd size

Mumbles
          Participant

The OMC 307877 and Sierra 18-7100 O ring specs are .245 ID x .155 thick. Merc/Force/Chrysler equivalent O ring slightly different at .239 ID x .174 thick. No data for Mallory 9-76509 or GLM 45230.

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Using the size chart, I looked at McMasters, O- Ring store, Graingers and many others. None have the right size. According to the chart, it is an odd size

I agree. I have spent some time looking for these in bulk and have not even come close to the right size. I hope somebody has an answer!

Long live American manufacturing!

frankr
              Participant

McMaster has ’em. At least as close as you are going to get. Wanna know a trick? Stack two of them in each hole for an even better seal.

o-rings

GLEN DEUTSCH
                Participant

Thanks everybody, esp frankr. I ordered the McMaster. Using two at a time sounds good.

Steve D
                  Participant

What o-ring are you looking for? The OMC 301877 and Sierra 18-7100 o-ring that Mumbles mentions is for the shift rod. The one Frank is referring to is for the dual hose fuel connector.

GLEN DEUTSCH
                    Participant

Looking for the shift rod O-ring. It is an odd size measured in 1/128 increments. Answering this from work, so I don’t have the numerator .Rehber is the only place I have found some. I think I will just order a minimal number and see what happens. Would be nice to have source that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg

Evinrude 25
                      Participant

The shift rod O-ring OD is 0.245. #107 O-Ring from Mc_mastercarr the OD is 0.206.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.