Home Forum Ask A Member Old Racing Engine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joesnuffy
    Participant

Trying to find out information on what type of motor this is and what is approximate worth might be if any.

Thanks in Advance,
      Joe

Attachments:

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Just a guess based on what little I know, but looks like a Mark 40 or KF9 or KG9 type motor. Obviously racing tower, foot, prop, and pipes. Has the forged transom brackets so somebody new what they were doing when they put it together.

I saw that ad, and FWIW, for what he’s asking for the boat motor and trailer, I doubt it will take long to sell.

Hope this helps.

best,
        PM T2

joesnuffy
        Participant

I have been watching it for a while now like 3 weeks so I was curious of what it might be worth since its close to me. He is asking 1250 for all of it. Mercury really isn’t my thing but someone here might be interested. Here is a pic of it all.

Joe

Attachments:

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Looking at the whole neglected to death package just moved the decimal point a space to the left for me . . . 😀

dave-bernard
            Participant

US Member

boat looks like a very early 14ft Aristocraft. that set up would not work well boat is to heavy for a D Quickie Q length tower.

A Hoskins
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dave nailed it, in that configuration the rig may have been a disappointment. However, I see an open flywheel (originally chrome) indicating perhaps a KF-9 or a KG-9, a ‘Q’ length leg and, of course, the ‘D’ quickie. If the engine is not locked up, pay the man. You’re getting the boat and funky trailer for free.

"Fox News" isn't.

garry-in-michigan
                Participant

Lifetime Member

And if it IS frozen it may take $1000 to bring it up to speed . . . 🙁

Garry in Tampa

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.