Home Forum Ask A Member OMC All Metal Single Line Fuel Connectors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

Hello All,

For as long as I can remember, I have not seen one of these connectors but have found one from one of my clearouts. Obviously, these would have been added to circulation after 1959, but even the old metal tanks I have had over the years have always had the standard plastic clip style fuel line connectors. Heck, the 3-gallon single line metal tanks with integrated hoses even have plastic connectors.

I have repaired the one I have (o-ring was expired), and the o-ring is the same as the 2-line fuel connectors. I can barely make out a P/N and was wondering if anyone else could verify this, as I can only make out 5 digits. They are 77426. I cannot make out the very first number, but would guess it might be a ‘1’???

This one is getting tucked away for personal use……

frankr
      Participant

US Member

You forget the single line tank dates back to 1955 on Gale motors (and J/E accessory fuel pump kit). So your metal connector probably comes from that era. I just checked the 1955 Gale tank part list and the connector was 376156, same number as newer years. But you could buy all the little pieces of it separately in ’55.

I don’t think the o-ring ever was the same as a pressure tank. It was 303598

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by frankr.
        frankr
        Participant

US Member

377426 superseded to 376156

johnyrude200
          Participant

Ah, yes. Didn’t realize the gale motors switched earlier. I tried using the connector and it seems to work pretty well with the new O-ring. Snug fit but not to the level where you’d think it would be damaged by using the connector. The old one was shredded, so it was not really an option to compare new and old.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.