Home Forum Ask A Member OMC built Lawn Boy Mowers

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    williamthompsonus
    Participant

Lawn-Boy makes mowers designed to fit you, whether you’re a commercial lawn mower, or just looking to get the job done as quickly and easily.
      This lawn mower is the most preferred choice of the home owners and has simplified their work.

williamthompsonus
      Participant

You can hire the best lawn boy tractors for your garden maintenance. You can buy them online through-
        1. http://www.lawn-boy.com/index.html
        2. https://www.landscapesupplyco.com/john-deere/
        3.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/domenick-scudera/i-am-betrothed-to-my-john_b_7932432.html?ir=India&adsSiteOverride=in

😀 😆

kerry
        Participant

US Member

I have a Lawn Boy Scamp that I got free on the curb around 15 or so years ago. The wheels were trashed and replaced when I found out how well it ran. That thing will plow long grass better than any new mower wished it could, and chews fall leaves with ease. I only add an extra dash of oil before "severe duty". Still running on the spark plug it came with and starts most of the time on one pull.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

John Schubert
          Participant

Lifetime Member

The rear wheels are larger as a result the blade will be cutting in the front only instead of all the way around. The front wheels are more like what was originally used as all wheels into the 80’s after Toro purchased Lawn-Boy were smooth tread. If you like the bushing rear wheels just get another pair for the front. Many on eBay. BTW I was national service manager for L-B for 20 years.

billw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years
              quote John Schubert:

The rear wheels are larger as a result the blade will be cutting in the front only instead of all the way around. The front wheels are more like what was originally used as all wheels into the 80’s after Toro purchased Lawn-Boy were smooth tread. If you like the bushing rear wheels just get another pair for the front. Many on eBay. BTW I was national service manager for L-B for 20 years.

How cool is that! Guess who’s going to be getting all the Lawnboy questions, now…… 🙂

Long live American manufacturing!

Mumbles
              Participant

First question John, where do I find some NOS governor parts?

The flyweights are bent out of shape and the governor doesn’t want to open the carb when mowing thru the thick stuff. I’ve been thru it several times trying to bend them as I see them in pics but the engine still runs at whatever setting the carb is at when it is started.

green-thumbs
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

All Summer in heat and humidity we mow and wish it were Winter
                  All Winter in cold and wind we shovel and wish it were Summer
                  Spring and Fall too have lots of work for rake and shovel.
                  Pity the folks who live Down South who miss our change of seasons.
                  Louis

billw
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It’s about all my brain (and cold hands) can do, to get through winter. I never, never complain about the heat and humidity.

I’ve seen Lawnboy governor parts come up on eBay, from time to time. They are usually so trouble-free that nobody bothers listing them, I think. It’s the jugs and pistons that are getting tough to find.

Long live American manufacturing!

John Schubert
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

eBay is the best choice. A dealer here in Knoxville, IL Kaser Equipment grew up working on Lawn-Boy mowers as they were produced in the neighboring town, Galesburg. He might have NOS parts or can source from a junk pile.They still might even be available from dealers from Toro. I would check with Dave Kaser.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.